Wednesday 8 December 2010

Wow my last post was on the 26th September... I do apologise for this! This is my attempt to write about 2 months worth of living in one blogpost! Hmmmmm where to start...

So in my last post I told you all a bit about a guy called André...
I am happy to say that when I come back from this year and someone asks me "So what did you do on your year abroad" I can reply "I fell in love" <3

In October André and I made a 4 hour car journey to Évora where we stayed in the Convento do Espinheiro hotel for one amazing weekend. The hotel is an ex-convent converted into a 5 star hotel, it has absolutely everything you could possibly want and need (I'm not gonna lie, I felt like a princess :] ). We were only there for 3 days so we had to make the most of the weekend and drag ourselves out of the hotel complex and into the historical and beautiful town.


On the way home we decided to go via Lisbon for "1 night" and stayed with André's aunt. We ended up staying there for 3 days but had an incredible time. André lived in Lisbon so he showed me around the city local stylee. I love Porto, but if you're visiting Portugal go to Lisbon! It is the most amazing city and has some incredible shops!


I also went to Aveiro with Lindsay and Ania (Breiner house mates) that month. We took the train to the "Venice of Portugal" and had an amazing time. Fair enough there is a canal running through the whole town, but it is definitely not the Venice of anywhere.


In November my mum, sister and younger brother came to visit. We had a really good weekend, even though it rained and was extremely cold! I showed them around Porto and they moaned about the walking!



The weekend after Breiner house had their first official party and it was Kitsch themed (don't ask). Ali and I organised it, and i think we did a pretty good job. People had to pay entrance and for their drinks and the house made a nice bit of money. I really enjoyed it however it didn’t seem very much like a party for me because I was the only sober person out of 400 people in the house and I had to run around with money all night.

                                    


The next party is this weekend and I have decided to step down as chief organiser and enjoy myself this time! Especially because I moved out of Breiner house last week!

Although it was a great atmosphere and I love everyone in that house, André made me an offer I couldn’t refuse... living in a beautifully furnished and warm house rent free. It made sense because I'm always there anyway and I will only be in Portugal for another month and a half.

Last weekend my brother and his fiancé Charlotte were supposed to be flying over for a visit. Unfortunately the snow on their end meant that their flight was cancelled. I was so annoyed because I was not only excited to see them, but also to see Charlotte’s engagement ring :] but it looks like i will have to wait until I go home for Christmas for that!


Last night I went to a party in Vila do Conde at the Forte São João. It was insane, a party in a fort with QUENTIN HARRIS, who is now my favourite DJ ever.



I am returning to England on the 19th December and am really excited. I love being in Portugal but I need a bit of English in my life! Also I cannot wait to hit the shops!  Westfield here I come :]

 

Love you long time xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels