Wednesday 8 September 2010

The journey begins ...

So today should have been a pretty stressful day due to the fact that tomorrow I will be moving to a foreign country for the next year of my life. However, me being me; I woke up late as usual, I went into town and had a look around the shops, went for lunch with a friend and came home and had dinner. I even organised to go to the pub. It wasn't until about 8pm that I thought to myself "maybe I should start packing!".

For those of you that know me, I'm not one for packing light! I don't think I've ever got ready at someones house without taking a small suitcase / holdall with me. So this evenings task of packing my life into 40kg was somewhat of a challenge, but thanks to a lot of help from my mum and sister - who politely told me that it is not necessary to take 7kg worth of toiletries with me - I was able to do it, with about 1kg to spare!

For those who are reading this blog that don't know me particularly well, I'll just give you a quick summary about myself:

  • I'm a self confessed shopoholic 
  • I love clothes and hate people who dress badly!
  • I have an unwarranted high opinion of myself and consider myself to be the next Gok Wan
  • I like to exagerate so I would take everything I say with a pinch of salt. 
  • I am a massive hypochondriac so if I claim that I have a life threatening illness, there's a 99.9% chance that I have a cold.
So I'm off to Porto tomorrow where I will be attending university until February Then in February I will be heading over to Spain to work as a language assistant in a secondary school in La Mancha (hence the blog title). I'm a little bit apprehensive because my Portuguese is awful and also I haven't found anywhere to live yet but I have 4 houses to look at tomorrow so hopefully I'll have some luck!

Sorry for the essay guys!

Love you long time xx

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck my love! Im rotting for you! I am also lolling so much at the thought of you trying to squeeze your wadrobe into 40kg hahah! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Labels